We understand that you may be dreading the thought of getting a root canal. The procedure can seem quite intimidating, but we are here to assure you that there is no reason to be afraid. In fact, the process itself is common, simple, and virtually painless; overall, root canals are known to actually relieve pain rather than cause it. Additionally, they can save severely damaged teeth from otherwise requiring an extraction.
Root canals are often necessary when a tooth becomes infected due to injury or decay compromising the interior chamber of the tooth. During a root canal procedure, we will clean out the affected tooth and then seal it to prevent further damage.
At our Greenville, NC, office, your comfort is always our top priority. We will do everything we can to ensure that you are relaxed and comfortable during your root canal procedure. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to ask. We are here to help you!
Root Canal Therapy
- The first step in a root canal procedure is to numb the area around your tooth with local anesthesia. This will ensure you remain comfortable throughout the procedure.
- Next, we will remove any decay, if necessary, and create a small opening in the tooth so that the interior pulp can be accessed.
- Once these inflamed nerves and tissues are exposed, we will remove them and carefully clean the tooth’s interior chamber and root canal system.
- Finally, the tooth is filled with a biocompatible material known as gutta-percha. The procedure concludes with the application of a custom-made dental crown.
Signs of a Tooth Infection
- Severe toothache that doesn’t go away with over-the-counter pain medication
- Sensitivity to hot or cold temperatures
- Gum tenderness and swelling
- Persistent bad breath
- Facial swelling
- Darkened appearance of the tooth
- Pus-filled lump formed at the base of the gums near the tooth
Prioritizing Your Comfort Through Every Procedure
When it comes to dental care, our team at Spring Forest Dental really cares about you. We understand that going to the dentist for a root canal procedure can be a stressful experience for some, which is why we go above and beyond to make sure you’re comfortable and relaxed during your appointment.
From the moment you walk in the door until the moment you leave, our goal is to provide you with the best possible dental care experience. Whether you are visiting for a simple routine cleaning, implant surgery, or root canal therapy, we’re here to help. Schedule an appointment today and see what makes Spring Forest Dental the best dental care provider in Greenville, NC! We look forward to hearing from you.